Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My First Dead Pixel

After attempting to remove a speck on my iPhone screen, it has become clear that I have a dead pixel. I have no idea how long it has been there, so it may have been there since I bought it last July. Unfortunately, my eye goes right to it now, so I notice it every time the iPhone is turned on.

With that said, now that I've notice it, I've inspected the whole screen and the one pixel appears to be the only one dead--it is in the lower left corner of the screen and most often appears in the applications controls bar. Therefore, it does not impede viewing in most applications. It is not even noticeable in the YouTube application.

Anyone else seen this? I seem to recall that the warranty allows for a certain percentage of dead pixels.

No comments: