Friday, January 25, 2008

Jailbreak 1.1.3 Problem -- Anyone Seen This?

I think the news on the jailbreak for update 1.1.3 has been adequately covered in a number of other blog posts. However, when I ran the Windows version (using iBrickr), it did not quite install correctly. Granted, I now have 1.1.3 on my iPhone and have the ability to add and run third-party native apps. However, when the update was installing, it took a script error. Then when I restarted the iPhone, the only third-party app that showed up was the installer.

At that point I went to reinstall the third-party apps I had previously placed on the phone and they did not show up! Out of curiosity, I went to the uninstall button on the AppSnapp application and the various applications showed up there. That is, they did not show as installed (and they could not be found on the Springboard), but they did show as able to be uninstalled.

At that point, I began uninstalling the applications. However, there were several that would not uninstall because of a "Main script error." Of the ones uninstalled, when I went to reinstall them, they installed and work just fine. There were a few exceptions where the application was designed for 1.1.2.

However, there are some really great applications that I would like that will not uninstall. Anyone have this problem? Anyone have any idea how to go about a fix without downgrading and starting all over again?

No comments: