Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Update 2.2 Impressions

I've now have several days under the belt with iPhone OS X Update 2.2. The good is the Google Maps application with Streetview. In my opinion, Streetview works better on the iPhone than it does on a Mac or PC. It's clear, fast, smooth, and easy to use.

I also like the single-click home key push that takes you back to the first page on the Springboard. I didn't think I would use it that much, but I find I use it a lot.

The improved HTML handling in the email application is a nice touch. Whereas I used to pinch to expand a page, it seems to render that way naturally now.

The bad is that I am convinced the battery life is not as good as before the update. Apple has over their various updates made significant improvements to the power management on the iPhone. They seem to have taken a step backwards with this update. I had finally gotten to the point of getting a full day on the battery with moderate use. Now it seems that battery life has been reduced by 20% or so.

What say you?

No comments: